September can be a month of mourning for many in chilly Northern hemisphere climates (I can confirm this as a Brit), triggering memories of the new school term and a hurtle towards shorter days. A week in Portugal’s sun-blessed south will therefore appeal to many, especially one that introduces a blend of leisure with exciting work possibilities, all against an idyllic backdrop.
Offsite Immersive 2016 will see 18 like-minded professionals interact in the beautiful, and apparently historic, surroundings of Guia (nearest beach a 14 minute drive away) through work and social activities. The co-working retreat is organised by Southwest Collective for the week 11-18 September, and will include the following (according to the website):
- An inspiring location with everything needed to be focused and productive
- A community of creative and passionate people that can help accelerate ideas and projects
- Healthy food choices
- Off-the-grid meaningful activities and experiences
- Flash talk and deep-dive sessions with interesting topics to feel inspired
- Stunning on-site shared accommodation (2/3 people per room) with ample space to work and relax
- 3 day free pass to coworklisboa co-working space in Lisbon
Did someone mention wine? 🙂
While the accommodation – a traditional house with pool – looks stunning (you could almost imagine a top Primeira Liga player owning such a property), there are also pretty villages to escape to, we are told.